The KingQuad 400 is not just an ATV, it’s a KingQuad ATV.
Suzuki, the inventor of the 4-wheel ATV, has created the world’s best sports-utility quad with bold styling plus more capability and reliability than ever before. The legacy of the iconic KingQuad remains fresh and exciting and is ready for you to join its history. The 2022 KingQuad 400 is easy to ride on any terrain with the capabilities that only a KingQuad possesses.
The KingQuad features an impressive amount of torque and an incredibly wide powerband to help you charge through whatever chores or challenges come your way.
SUZUKI PROTECTION PLAN
Suzuki Protection Plan is a comprehensive plan that covers all mechanical, electrical and computer systems on your Suzuki Motorcycle or ATV. Ask your local Authorized Dealer about Suzuki Protection Plan for extra peace of mind.
- Powerful, fuel-injected, 4-stroke engine is easy on gas
- Select 2WD or 4WD via a handlebar-mounted lever
- Large fuel tank and plush seat delivers extended comfortable riding range
- Rugged bodywork and full racks to tackle any task
- The KingQuad 400’s fuel-injected, 376cc, four-stroke, four-valve engine produces efficient power and driveability.
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection smooth’s power output, especially in the mid-to-high range, and provides excellent cold starting. The system uses 3-D maps for optimum ignition, creating responsive yet environmentally compliant performance.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) uses an oil cooler and thermostat-controlled cooling fan to shed engine heat during hard work or cargo hauling.
- Push-button electric starting has a start-in-gear function—when the rear brake is applied—allowing starting without shifting to neutral (as conditions permit).
- The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has slip control logic, which adjusts fuel injector duration and timing to improve drivability and grip in loose/slippery conditions.
- Highly efficient iridium spark plug contributes to better combustion, cleaner emissions and longer plug life. Engine starting under low temperature is also improved.
- Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and catalyst-equipped exhaust system help the ATV comply with Canadian emission standards while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Five-speed transmission with semi-automatic clutch (automatic model available LT-A400FS) with reverse allows the rider to select the ideal gear for maximum traction and fuel efficiency.
- Select 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a handlebar-mounted lever. The shaft drive system is reliable and durable and is nearly maintenance-free.
- Torque-sensing limited-slip front differential provides maximum traction and light steering when in 4WD mode.
- High/low selectable sub-transmission provides wide-ranging versatility.
- Automotive gate-type gearshift lever lets you conveniently choose high or low range, neutral or reverse.
- The ECU has a Reverse Mode that monitors vehicle speed, so higher engine rpm can be used when getting out of mud or loose soil in reverse mode.
- Sporty bodywork features sharply angled, high-clearance fenders.
- Suzuki’s exclusive T-shaped seat delivers rider mobility during sport riding or tackling difficult terrain. It’s also plush for extended riding comfort.
- Overall length is under 82 inches (208 cm), so the KingQuad fits into a 6.5-foot truck bed for easy transportation.
- Independent front A-arm suspension offers smooth performance and remarkable ground clearance with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel.
- A swing-arm rear suspension with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel and twin shock absorbers provides agile handling and plush riding.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes feature calipers with large, 34mm pistons and wide brake-pad surface area for increased stopping power and outstanding durability.
- Large, 25-inch Carlisle tires with aggressive tread offer consistent traction in wet conditions, yet make for a quiet, smooth ride on hard-packed trails.
- The tires are mounted to rugged steel wheels powder-coated with a durable matte black finish.
- Lightweight and strong plastic skid plates are sturdy to withstand trail pounding, yet slippery to let obstacles slide below.
UTILITY / CONVENIENCE FEATURES
- Dual 35-watt headlights (with high and low settings) are part of the distinctive KingQuad grille appearance. Bright tail light helps make the ATV visible in dark conditions.
- Heavy-duty front and rear cargo racks let you take advantage of the ATV’s superb load capabilities. Wrinkle paint finish on the racks and front bumper is durable and scratch-resistant.
- LCD instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, trip meter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, and indicators for reverse, neutral, oil and FI (fuel injection).
- Automotive-style DC power outlet is included on front fender.
- Winch-ready mounts and wire conduit makes winch installation simple.
- Large, 4.2 gallon (16.0 L) fuel tank provides outstanding riding range.
- Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection.